Anyways, so we went to Denali National Park, and the only thing there is Mt. McKenli or Mt. Denali (actually pronounced Dee-n-o-li 'o' like in octopus, we got made fun of for saying it Dee-n-A-li 'a' like apple... so we learned fast) So we were driving toward Mt. McKenli (sp?) and got as close as we could... wich isnt very close... they dont want people exost killing the nature around it... so here is a picture of the largest mountain in the Nothern Hemisphere or something like that...
its the one FAR in the back! is kinda hard to see... but WOW it was so pretty!! Even though we couldnt get that close the mt. was SO beautiful it almost took your breath away, its hard to explain when you cant see it but it was so tall it was up with the clouds ringing it and everything. It was way cool!!
The only thing that was crazy to me is why do they need a 6 million acher national park to protect one mountain peak... seems kinda extreme to me... crazy granolas.
Ok next coolest thing. On our way back out of the park we saw a HUGE GRIZZLY BEAR walking RIGHT on the side of the road!! Like we could have reached our hand out of the car and latched onto its gians furry coat!!!
Now that was worth the 7:00pm church!!
7 comments:
Now, THAT is AWESOME!
I wish I could have seen a freaking Grizzly Bear.. Haha, I'll bet you're wondering WHO this is.. I'm not gonna tell you! Enjoy Alaska.
AHHH! That Griz has got to be the coolest thing (next to slurpees of course). I just watched a show about Denali on the history channel. Impressive.
That's pretty bad about the 7pm church. Holy Hannah! But pretty cool about the grizzly.
Clint says he thinks we live kind of far from you guys!
Good for you guys! Careful, you might end up falling in love with the place and staying there forever! :)
Don't die out there!! I will send you guys some grizzly bear repelant!
That's crazy cool!! I've always wanted to see a bear in the wild... from the safety of my car, of course :) Too cool!
Post a Comment