This is the Rough Woods Inn and Cafe that I work at! I do alot of different things, I clean the 6 rooms that they have (which get really gross because its all construction worker dudes in them... those bathrooms are something I would rather not see...) I clean up the grounds, like weed and plant flowers and stuff, then my favorite thing is waitressing, I can really make alot of money on those days! Like monday I made $42 in my pocket off of tips, plus $7.15 an hour.. for a 5 hour shift, so that day I was pretty stinkin happy :o)
Cute little classic ALASKA looking place huh, the tourists love it.
On the left is where Cam and I are staying (the first 2 windows to be exact...our roomand bathroom ... then the other is another hotel room that people come and stay in) Then the building on the right is a pizza resturaunt that blows yummy food smells into our room and makes me super hungry all the time :o)
Then this is our chuch. It is on the other half of the pizza resturaunt... and use to be a bar, we are currently working on making it look a little better, by painting it and stuff. There are 3 families that are in the branch and Cam and I make 4, so needless to say they were so excited for us to come and join them.
Things here are going good. We are having fun and getting use to the constatant sunlight. I will have to take somemore pictures of the town for you all to see, its kinda fun to get a taste of this crazy drunkerd town we are living in.
7 comments:
I love it! How fun to be able to go somewhere you normally probably wouldn't ever go - or even ever know about! Too cool! I'm pretty sure the constant sunlight would weird me out... how has that been for ya?
LOL at the church/used to be bar situation. Sounds like you guys are doing great, having fun, and most importantly making memories!!! To answer you question, school is going great. The kids are starting to feel the end of the year upon them. Without naming names...the cute little blonde boy you had in writting group always asks when you are coming back. WE ALL MISS YOU TONS!!
Dang! That place really seems to be a small town! It would be quite the experience!
What an adventure you guys are having! I'm excited to see more pictures and read more stories. When are you coming back?
I Love It! So much fun, I'm jelous! Keep having fun out there... Spank a grizzly for me.. Wait, Let me do that.. That's a story that fits me, Not you... Loves!
And I thought we lived in a small town. What a great experience for you both. Our church is being held in an old business office right now. Our church is being remodeled. I love being away from Utah.
I just want to wish you happy anniversary next week. We'll be in Austin visiting Julie and family so probably won't get a greeting sent then.
Post a Comment