Sunday, December 21, 2008

Skiing at "The Canyons"

On Friday Cam and I went down to Park City and spent the day skiing at "The Canyons".



In the morning it was so windy we thought that we were going to get blown off the mountain. The wind was so bitter cold my body felt like it was getting frost bite from head to toe. But at about noon it started snowing, so the overcast made it alot warmer and made it so that with each run we had a new layer of snow. How much more can you ask for right... I know.

So I had never skiied anywhere but "Beaver Mountain" prior to going here, and let me tell you this place blew my socks off. You have to take 1 standing lift just to get up to the Canyon's ski city, then you have to take the Gondola (another kind of lift) just to get up to the part of the mountain where you put your skiis on and can begin getting on the regualr lifts so you can ski. It was so crazy!

I loved the "Ski Town" feel that it has there, with all of the shops and condos, the pools/hottubs, it was really just the coolest place. I loved it!!!

No comments: